April 01, 2011

here is your brand new brother...

Having the children meet their baby brother at 2 hours old was pure joy, a precious family moment that's burned in my memory as perfect. 
Here is the story in photographs...
Jonah: "Oh mom, why does he have to be so cute!"
Eli has been taking it all in quietly, but he stares at his little brother adoringly
I have a very happy and helpful daughter who has long gotten over the fact it's not a GIRL!
washing all that beautiful hair, the kids loved helping with the bath!
Grandpa Conn died just one month before we found out about our miracle pregnancy. Samuel Conn was born on his grandma's birthday, Beverly Conn Harbertson. What a gift to us all! The kids keep saying, "Grandpa Conn picked us a perfect baby."

our first family photo - leaving the hospital on Monday!


A little note: I love photography and I was bummed I wouldn't be behind the camera for my baby's birth. For 2 years Brooks has barely touched my camera and when he did it took 4 minutes to compose one photo after I had dialed in the settings. So I have been giving him some lessons. He took all the photographs in Sam's birth story and I am thrilled with them and grateful he captured these moments

2 comments:

Meg said...

What good siblings you have Sam! You are one lucky little boy, and very loved!

Adrian Wolfgramm said...

Congratulations on your cute little guy. You have such a beautiful family and I am so glad you shared this special experience.