Can't believe my Jonah is 5 years old. I adore him. He is smart, funny, creative, and imaginative beyond belief. It has been such a treat and a blessing to spend more one on one time with him this year. The twins leave for school at 8:30 am, then Jonah is my little buddy - we have time together that we have never had. When he goes to preschool 2 mornings a week I find myself missing him and wanting for his company. When I was sick with this pregnancy he was so protective of me, bringing me food and drinks and throw-up cups, asking me how I was feeling, and being super quiet if he saw I was sleeping. He has this incredible talent of being able to self-entertain for hours on end. Jonah can play in his room for 3 hours straight. I'll check on him, feeling a little guilty I'm not engaging him more, and he says, "I'm having so much fun Mom!" Ahh, guilt gone. I love to listen in on his imaginative scenarios and hear his little boy noises. He has some weird collections of his fetish objects he can play with with serious stamina - "sharps" (pocket knives without the blade), carabiners and any type of clip, magnets of all sorts, pins (like little scout lapel pins), and any kind of container with a lid that can hold all of these things (prescription bottles are not Jonah-proof). I cannot clean out his room or throw anything away because he remembers everything and where he last put it. Should I be worried? perhaps. Maybe he'll end up on some hoarding show when he's older.
Jonah cracks me up all day with the things he says. I have pages worth of Jonah-isms. A few of the recent words that have come out of his mouth...
"When I grow up I'm going to be King of ALL scientists and I'm going to discover lots of cool and brilliant stuff!"
"I can't do patience!"
"Sometimes I listen to Jesus in my heart." what does he say? I ask. "He says to just calm down and start to be nice."
"Befeaturing...!"
His prayer last week..."thank you for the baby. please help me to go to sleep. and please do it fast. please help my mom to feel well. and thank you for our brains."
me: "Jonah, when are you going to learn to wipe your own bum?" him: "mmm, perhaps when I turn 16."
Look how you've grown! I'm so blessed to be your mother and be there each day for the ride!
I love you Jonah bug!
here is last years birthday note, I cried all over again as I read it.






No comments:
Post a Comment