June 10, 2009
they never cease to amaze me...
I keep thinking my kids are going to grow out of the mischievious things they do and that all of a sudden things will just be easier because they are older. Does this ever happen? Maybe you should break the news to me now so I am not holding my breath with hope for the next 18 years. I was cleaning the house, the 3 toilets actually, so glamorous I know, when I hear a rukus downstairs. I go down to find my children had gotten out of their bath, tipped the couch upside down and dragged it across the living room to prop it up against the stairs and use as a jumping "trampoline" from the staircase. How they got this idea and what possessed them I have no idea. Wierd. So what else did my lovely boys do this very same week...Unwrapped every single toilet paper roll from the huge Costco pack and toilet papered the front yard. Colored with blue magic marker on the stucco of my house. Dumped a zillion packing peanuts all over the front hallway after using huge steak knives to cut open yet another package from the doorstep. Spray painted my neighbors garage door with dark brown spray paint (you're really glad you don't live next to me right now). Spread about 10 pounds of wheat all over the house and yard because they were "feeding the skunks." You may think I'm kidding or exagerating...I wish. This cannot be normal, what is wrong with my children?? If I survive this young motherhood experience I think I will have to consider myself a superstar or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm sorry, but from my angle that's hillarious. Maybe I won't be laughing when my daughter hits that age...as long as she never dates destructive boys I guess I'm okay!
Oh my gosh! That's crazy! I'm really hoping for a girl now. Two boys 18 months apart does NOT sound like fun!
Hi Lisa! That DOES sound crazy! Good luck! By the way, in case you don't remember, I'm Brooks' cousin. Only my family calls me Ashley :)
Oh my goodness Lisa, that's crazy! I'm glad I only had one boy! Have you heard of Love and Logic? It seriously has saved me with my kids. My neighbor teaches classes for it and she is awesome (she is Katie Hauser's friend too). I seriously tell all my friends about it and they can't believe the changes in their kids. If you are interested her site is http://www.katieloveandlogic.com/ She holds classes in her home here in Heber.
Oh Lisa, are you saying this is in my future? I thought it was supposed to get better. (sigh) It's a good thing they're cute! Look at those smiles!
Lisa,
I am laughing my head off! Oh, the joys of having 3 kids 5 and under huh? My youngest is a little too young to be flipping couches over yet, but I am sure he will get to it. Hopefully Khadron will be old enough to stop the chaos when his brother decides to create such "fun". Too funny!
Post a Comment