March 12, 2009

Susie Homemaker?

 

Brooks bought me a wheat grinder and Bosch mixer for Valentine's Day (romantic I know). It was really for him because he has been so excited about grinding our own wheat and making our own bread. My sister-in-law calls breadmaking a lost art, apparently Brooks is trying to find it! I have been excited about it too, but apprehensive because I really lack confidence in the kitchen. My first few batches were just okay, then Brooks made a batch that was apparently a little too healthy - each loaf could have been a serious paper weight and the kids wouldn't touch it, neither would I. I got a tried and true recipe from my good bread-making friend and it turned out perfect! I was really hoping Jonah would like it and make the switch over to homemade bread. I gave him a warm piece of bread and he acted so excited. I was feeling like such a great mom feeding my 3 year old my home-ground, home-baked bread. I left the kitchen and sensed the silence was a good sign he was gobbling it up. I came back to find him long gone from the kitchen, but with the evidence left behind. So this is what he thinks of my home-made bread...
 

 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kristi said...

I love home made bread but I would never attempt to make it. I just hope that I am on the list of people who do :) Hint Hing

Christian said...

I cannot wait for the loaf you said you would bring by...and I promise that we will not use it as a prop for our toys.

Jill said...

Oops, this is Jill not Christian.

Ali & Trev said...

Hahaha well Lisa I love home made bread!

Cordell and Sarah said...

Good luck with your grinder and Bosch. I love mine! I was just checking out your photo blog. You are so talented! I love your blog..it makes me laugh and appreciate motherhood.

Unknown said...

Hey the address for that blog is the thewrightfampics.blogspot.com

so cute, take the time to go through all of 2008 archives there is a lot but some great ideas mixed in there. LOVE YOU!

Kayl