August 21, 2008

My Little Prince

Anyone who knows Jonah knows he loves accessories. He is never just wearing shorts and a shirt. No, he has added garden gloves or mittens, cowboy boots, Zoe's doll shoes that only fit on his toes, Spiderman slippers, sunglasses, a bike helmet, leather chaps, wrist and head bands. He adds to his clothing ensemble anything that resembles a sword or shooter (gun), cell phones, tools, flashlights, sticks, cleaning supply squirt-bottles. He plays contentedly around the house or yard in his uniform of the hour, preferring that his siblings just leave him alone. His latest accessory of choice is his cape. I made one each for the boys this Christmas and it is not until now that they have been rediscovered. He found it last week and showed up in my room with it on, a sight that melts me anyway, and said, "Mom, I'm a king." So, so cute. He had his cowboy/prince boots on too and kept asking me when Zoe was going to be home. I soon found out why when she came home and this came out of his mouth: "Princess, do you want to dance with me?" Jonah had this adoring look on his face as they danced to music. When she had later left, he asked me, "Mom, where's my princess?" So sweet. Jonah and Zoe are often butting heads, so this was a sweet moment for this Mom! Jonah, you are such a character and I love you my little prince!


1 comment:

Meg said...

Your kids are too cute! I miss them all so much and wish it were easier to visit!