August 21, 2008

Oh, the things they do while I'm taking a shower...

My children seem to have a sixth sense for when I'm in the shower. This sense tells them they're free to raise mischief and mayhem. Following is a list of just some of the things they have done while I'm busy taking a shower:

Eli gave himself an inverted mohawk, see the lovely and unflattering photo above
escaped to the park in pajamas, diapers, without any notice to their Mom
invited themselves in to the neighbors kitchen for some breakfast
found their own breakfast consisting of decorative cake sprinkles and food coloring which colored the kitchen floor quite nicely
Spilled things all over the floor which are so fun to clean up...flour, shortening, powdered sugar, juice, milk, popsicles
eaten a whole bag of brown sugar by the spoonful
Let themselves in to another neighbor's home (who was not home) and let out the tiny little dog to play (and run away)
Put beautiful make-up on their faces like lipstick, mascara, nail polish!
"killed " all the ants with a whole bottle of new hairspray that I had just splurged on!
Drawn blood from each other by biting, scratching, throwing sharp objects
Plucked out every single bright orange Bluestakes flag from the neighbors yard
flooded the basement playing in the laundry-room sink


I know there's many more, but I must have blocked them out of my memory. Maybe I just shouldn't shower.

1 comment:

Britt Chudleigh said...

I am laughing but it is not funny. Holy cow. That is why I just look like a drowned rat all the time. Showers are risky. :)