September 15, 2011

creative brains...

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. 
Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!"  ~Dr. Seuss

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly." ~Unknown


From the time Jonah was 18 months old Brooks and I were struck by his creativity and active imagination. Daily I am still writing down clever things he says. For a year now he has been saying he wants to be a scientist when he grows up so he can "discover all sorts of cool and amazing stuff." He loves to learn and cares very much about his brain. You will not see this kid without a helmet on because "helmets protect our brains." A prayer doesn't get said by him without blessing his brain. All I have to do lately if I want him to read or go outside and play instead of watch t.v. is tell him it will be good for his brain. I used this a little to my advantage today when I needed him to blow his stuffy nose (he hates to blow his nose!) - I told him the snot would clog his brain and he couldn't think as well at school - away he blew! 
The other night we were visiting a pasture of  horses in our neighborhood. I was messing with my camera when I looked up and saw Jonah opening these little green berries from a nearby plant and poking them onto the barbs of the fence. He worked and worked, making a pattern, concentrating very hard and studying his creation. He had pure joy on his face. My pure joy was watching my little boy so naturally using his imagination to create from the simple elements around him, at the pasture, on a regular night. 
The last 4 pics were taken when he finally realized I had my camera and I asked him to do a fashion show. I asked him where he learned his moves, his reply..."my brain just taught me."

No comments: