March 23, 2011

luck and happiness...

This summer we will have been married for 12 years. These photographs were taken on our wedding day at our reception in my parent's backyard and I am seeing them for the first time. We were young and poor and couldn't afford the prints, so all I had for years was a little proof sheet of 1 inch photos. When I called ready to purchase them my photographer couldn't find them and deduced he threw them away! I was heartsick and heartbroken to not have these candid moments of our wedding day in print. A couple weeks ago our photographer contacted my Dad and told him while moving out of his office of 25 years he found a manilla envelope of our wedding negatives. Oh the luck and the miracle. I look at these moments from almost 12 years ago, we are so happy, full of bliss, marrying our best friend. We didn't know the life roller-coaster ahead of us, the joys and the sorrows, we just knew we wanted to take it together. And we still do. Brooks is still my best friend, our love is so much deeper, and I love our life together. We are about to bring our 4th child into this world and I couldn't be happier that I get to experience it with him.




3 comments:

Alissa said...

I still love your dress. It is gorgeous.

Adri said...

Tears! Because it definitely takes me BACK and makes me grateful for all that has been and all that is yet to come. Love you two!

Kim said...

How did you do it? You don't look a day older and you've almost had 4 kids? I aged 15 years after I birthed two kids. Good luck with #4.