January 05, 2011

Christmas report...


We had a wonderful Christmas Season! It was filled with family, friends, anxious children who are so much fun at this age, our house-elf Doby who reported to Santa every night on their behavior, good food, lots of snow, sledding, Christmas movies, hanging out at home, teaching our children the true meaning of Christmas, and reflecting on this special time of year and the Savior's birth. Hoping you had a wonderful season and wishing you a 2011 full of all the choicest blessings!



My favorite Christmas Project...
My mom is a master seamstress and she always does my sewing projects for me. For my birthday I got a sewing machine and learned to make some fun headbands and wrist cuffs. Besides that and sewing a shark pillow in 7th grade home-ec, that has been the extent of my sewing career. When our good friends made this wonderful little doll bed for me I had a serious Christmas project to SEW for my daughter. I sewed this patchwork quilt and bedding for the bed I painted and sanded. I can say it was the most fun project I have ever done for Christmas and I think I was more excited Christmas morning than Zoe was, though she loved it! The whole time I was working on the quilt and pillows, I kept thinking, I'm so glad I have at least one daughter.


My Dad playing the Angel Gabriel for our family Christmas pageant. Are you scared??

No comments: