August 06, 2009

a little boy and his little dog...

 

Yes, we did get a dog. Not the wag the tail electronic one, but the real live pee, poop and wag the tail kind. We have had "Ziggy"(as in Marley) for a month. I would have posted earlier, but the real live dog chewed the power cord to the computer and it was out of commission for about 3 weeks (the computer, not the dog). Ziggy is a havanese, a wonderful breed that has made my transition to puppy life very smooth. He will reach 12-14 pounds, he's hypoallergenic, does NOT shed, does not smell, rarely barks, loves children and other dogs, is very intelligent and easily house trained, he came to us already potty trained and crate trained. Perfect dog? Yes! I was getting the dog for the kids - what I didn't realize is how attached I would become to this little dog, I love him, and I am not and never have been a dog person. What a pleasant surprise. Within the first 3 days I felt like I had a new little person in the house who loved me - he followed me everywhere and stared up at me with his expressive eyes and little cocked head. He loves me 2nd to Zoe, his most loyal and loving fan. After me is Brooks, then the boys, only because they can't stop giving him "hugs" (mauling and squeezing). It really was miraculous how we ended up with Ziggy and I do believe having him in our family is a very good thing.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Brenna LaPray said...

Cute picture! I'm glad you got a dog. I'll just let my kids take care of Ziggy. They already love him!

Kasey said...

cute dog...glad it's you and not me.
xo