October 26, 2008

Vacations are Good

 

I have been home for a couple weeks now, so this is overdue, but it has been busy getting back into the groove of things after 8 days in laid-back Hawaii! I had such a fabulous time! It was so fun to visit Meg and Corbin in their little piece of paradise and experience their life for even a week. It was great to meet their friends, see where they live and work, eat what they eat, visit their beaches. Most of all, it was heaven to meet my new niece and get to know her. Indie is so sweet-spirited and adorable, I miss her so much. Thank you Meg and Corbin for hosting me and providing such a wonderful vacation. Some of my favorite things from my trip...swimming in the ocean the first day and experiencing an intense and liberating feeling of freedom, smiling to myself the whole time; finally catching a wave on the boogie board after overthinking it for 2 hours on the beach - I thought the waves were HUGE, but according to the to the North shore people they were "flat;" snorkeling at a coral reef and swimming through huge schools of colorful fish; taking a nap on the beautiful temple grounds in the middle of the day; watching the sunset at Sunset Beach; having the priviledge of seeing Indie on her blessing day; sleeping 9 or 10 hours a night and working out every morning on the beach, without interruption! I loved Hawaii, especially hanging out with Meg and Indie every day, but by the end I was ready to come home to my beautiful children and kind husband, ready to dive in to my responsibilities and wonderfully chaotic life as a mother.
I love my life and am so grateful to be a wife and mother, but I will say I think it is important for a mom to get away, to escape as often as she needs to ponder her sense of self in relation to her roles as a mother and wife. If this sense of self is healthy and whole, she will be able to fulfill more completely all her many roles. To all you mothers, do this for yourself and your family!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Gretchen said...

looks like you had a fabulous time! I'm jealous but happy for you too:)

Ali & Trev said...

Lis- I want to go so bad, I know what you mean it is their little piece of paradise and it is hard to come back and get into your normal routine, but it also makes you appreciate your life more. I love you and look up to you as a mother, wife, and my oldest sister! yes I have a blog! haha love you

Morgan Yen said...

Oooh! Such a great place to take a vacation! We went over the summer because Tyson has family there too. We are going back in January for a wedding. We can't afford it, but I sorta can't wait anyway!

How are you guys? I miss you all!

xoxo Mo

Laura said...

Hi Lisa! It was nice to run into you today. Our blog is meansbeans.blogspot.com
We need to get together sometime soon!

Natty bee Seely said...

cute baby. It looks like you had a great time. I am totally on board with Mom vacations. Everyone has to take them to be a better mom. Even if it's just a day to the spa.

Britt Chudleigh said...

so so pretty. hawaii is nice too. :)

Brenna LaPray said...

Ok Lisa, I came across this blog when I was prego. I was trying to find pics of a mom pregnant with twins. This girl is a little different but amazing at being a mom. She does everything the natural way. She has two sets of twins and nurses all of them. Ya, I know. It called itstwinsanity.blogspot.com. While reading this today it linked me to a friend of hers that remined me of you. Although she had triplets and then one baby 16 months later. It's called fourtimesthefun.blogspot.com. I just thought I would give you some things to read while at work. It's fun to see how other people handle multiples. Take care.

Olivia Cobian said...

Lisa! I love your blog! I just started a blog--lacasacobian.blogspot.com You'll see on there that we have a new baby--Marcos. He was born at 37 1/2 weeks! No preeclampsia! He is such a little miracle. I have a lot I need to post on the blog about him.