May 16, 2011

7 week old Sam...

These were taken today, and I had to post them today because 
he  will look different by tomorrow. 
Slow down the growing sweet baby. You are changing before my eyes and I want you to just hold still, hold still and stay a little newborn while I soak you all in. 
Keep your newborn smell, your squishy cheeks, your tight finger grip, your goose down hair. Fall asleep on my chest, try to suck my chin, gaze at the ceiling in wonder. 
I can't believe 7 weeks ago I didn't know you, 
yet it feels like you've been with me forever
You are so lovely.I feel so lucky to call you mine.  


My little social guy has been smiling since he was 2 weeks old, I promise. Now he smiles all the time, coos at me and the ceiling fan, and is on the verge of laughing. so cute I can't stand it.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

He is SOOO cute, Lisa! Congrats! Does he have reddish hair?

Brenna LaPray said...

I love how you write for your children. They will always treasure your sweet words. Sam is such a happy and handsome boy. Your photography is amazing....so clear!

Gretchen said...

I also love how you write for your children...such a treasure that they'll be so grateful to have someday. Sam is stunning!