June 22, 2010

blessed

It's the night of my birthday. All day I have just had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude and giddy happiness for my bless-ed life. My life is so full. Not full of fame or fortune or huge success, I don't even care about those things, but full of things that matter, matter to me. I have a loving husband who is my best friend. We have 3 beautiful children who are healthy and happy and who we think are pretty much superheroes. I live in a beautiful, peaceful, safe place. I have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life which I know is true and provides me joy and purpose. I am healthy, my body can run and work. I feel happy, my life is so good.
When you wake up to the sun in your eyes and birds chirping through the open window, you have to know it is going to be a good birthday. I got my twins off to summer reading class, then Jonah and I had our fun hang out time together. We picked them up and visited our favorite bakery for a birthday treat, pink frosted cookies at 10 am. I arrived home to my awesomest cousin sitting on my porch with 4 cupcakes and tons of smiles! I got to go to lunch with several of my amazing neighbors and friends who made my day by coming to my birthday lunch. Sitting outside in Midway, eating good food and visiting, my cheeks were hurting from smiling so much - I Love when my cheeks hurt from happiness. Came home and played with the kids. Then Brooks and I went on a bike ride in Midway and Soldier Hollow because of course I had to redeem myself with a crash-free ride on my birthday (worst road bike crash ever! on my b-day last year). It was 6 pm, seriously gorgeous everywhere you looked, I think my cheeks were hurting again. We rode to the river and I dipped in because you have to take a river dip on your b-day. Then drove over Guardsman to PC for some sushi on Main Street. PRetty perfect day, pretty perfect day.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

I had no idea you had just celebrated a b-day when we worked together. Hope you had a great day! Sounds like you did! You're amazing Lisa!

Ali & Trev said...

Don't forget your awesomest little sister who watched your kids for you!! Probably the beat auntie ever too!!

Meg said...

I miss you so much Lisa! I wish I could have been a little part of your perfect birthday! Love you lots!