our dog is a Havanese. The breed was created in Cuba. It does not snow in Cuba. Ziggy loves to be outside and really likes the snow. This creates dog conflict. Havanese do not shed and are hypoallergenic, which is a very good thing for us (Brooks is allergic & I have never found a single hair in my house), but this means they do not have a second coat to sluff the snow off. I was hot-tubbing with the kids the other day (their own personal swimming pool) and Ziggy was romping around in the fresh snow. It had been about an hour when I heard him yelping for help. He had fallen down the neighboring cliff due to his decreased agility because of the snow build-up & was completely stuck in the snow. I went to the rescue, finding myself in thigh deep snow to get my dog, and climbing back up the hill carrying a much heavier Ziggy, I think I got my workout for the day. The kids were so worried about him, they were in thigh deep snow too with bare feet and swimsuits waiting for me! After a few photos, we just dipped him in the warm bath to melt him. We have a full body snow suit on order for him for the next time it snows.

Ziggy's downfall...do you see him at the bottom?

5 comments:
Holy cow! Those look more like cottonballs or giant marshmallows!
poor zigs!! Love your family picture!
Those pictures are hillarious!!
That is the funniest thing ever!
Isn't it great. The exact thing happens to our schnauzer fritz.
Post a Comment