December 24, 2009

so hard to stay on the nice list..

I have to admit that I've been using Santa to my advantage to coax my kids into the near perfect behavior I dream about. It's not working very well. They all seem to be harder than normal the last week - I think they are bored in anticipation of the festivities of Christmas that they've been hearing about for the last long month. Yesterday I was reminding them about the nice list. "Let's try to stay on the nice list ALL day today..." The response from my Jonah who is my most "spirited" (aka difficult) child made me chuckle. "But Mom, that's the twicky part, it's bery hard to stay on the nice wist." I agree Jonah, sometimes the tricky part is staying on the nice list. Merry Christmas to everyone!

1 comment:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

I can't wait until Maren is old enough to use "the nice list" with her. That will be so nice! Hope you had a great holiday.