October 21, 2009

Though this is late, I wanted to post first day of school pictures. Eli and Zoe are loving kindergarten, as am I - I am still relishing my quiet afternoons without my darling, but demanding little twinners. Jonah started his first year of preschool and I just love his pictures. The 2nd picture is not a winner, but I had to post it because this boy was so excited he could hardly contain himself and definitely couldn't hold still on the front porch. When we got to his teacher's house he seriously sprinted to the door (that's why the photo's so bad - I turned and he was GONE). He practically pounced on his teacher once thru the door with "hi Teacher! hi Teacher!" as he jumped up and down. His enthusiasm was so refreshing and made it sooo much easier to leave him in the care of his cute new teacher. Nevermind that now, a few weeks into this routine, I drop him off kicking and screaming at the preschool door. I am baffled, what happened to my enthusiastic, couldn't wait for preschool little boy? I can't help but wonder what he had imagined preschool to be - what had made him so excited that first day and were his expectations dashed by realities? such is life, so sad, but so true, I just don't want my 3 1/2 year old learning that realistic life lesson yet. That we all might jump into new experiences with the same degree of enthusiasm and excitement, trying to not let it go way too soon...



welcome back to school cuties!

2 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Cute pics!! They are growing so big. I bet you are loving the quiet time while they are gone!

Meg said...

Such cute nieces and nephews! We miss you guys as always, but we will be there in no time!