October 28, 2009
the fruits of my labor....
Before the first frost last month, Zoe and I rushed out in the rain and harvested our garden. Enticed by the claims of the Square Foot Gardener, this Spring I had emptied out my garden boxes and went all over town buying 5 kinds of compost to fill my boxes with "Mel's mix". It was a grueling task and I didn't get the amazing results I anticipated, but gardening was still fun, great, and my kids loved it. It was all worth it when Zoe excitedly plucked all the fresh veggies from our garden, including about a hundred carrots. I had to take their picture, my veggies were so pretty and I was so proud. Now I just have to figure out what to do with all these carrots. Any ideas??


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You have a GREEN thumb...I am proud of you! Now grate those carrots up and throw them in EVERYTHING! I mean it cupcakes, speggetti sauce...hidden treasures!
I love Zoe and her umbrella... you could make a carrot puree or ceviche haha I have been watching too much top chef! Love you, miss you!
that is so cool. i am so in awe. i want to have a producing garden so bad but it isn't in the cards for me right now. those carrots are beautiful.....even with dirt on them. :)
Post a Comment