Eli and Zoe turned 5 in May, yes, I'm so behind, and we had a great start to their year of being "big 5 year olds." We had a backyard birthday party with about 30 four and five year olds - what was I thinking! - but the kids had a blast with their friends and cousins and I could tell they felt like stars. That night Brooks and I took just the 2 of them for an overnight stay at the Zermatt resort. They swam to their hearts content, ate all the dessert they wanted at the seafood buffet, and opened presents and played games in our hotel room. They had a ball and so did Brooks and I as we celebrated their special day, their miraculous lives, and their relationship as twins. Almost every day I recall the struggle to get them here, their tiny, too early bodies in the hospital, and the rollercoaster of a ride their first 2 years were. I am so grateful they are healthy and happy and that they're five! I love you my twinners!





No comments:
Post a Comment