January 22, 2009
Leave it to my boys....
My kids love to play with phones. They have since they were little. No fake phone or old cell phone will suffice. They love to talk on the phone. Recently Zoe discovered the redial button. She pushes it knowing it will call someone, who, she doesn't know, but she knows she'll get a live person to talk to on the other line. I let them play with the phones. I choose my battles, this is not one of them. I can't tell you how many times I have been asked, "What if they call 911?" Oh, what are the chances I say, that they dial 911 in the correct order. Mark my words. The other day the boys are playing with both phones. Several minutes later I get a call, I answer, it is the Police Department. Do I need help, they ask, "your children keep calling 911," and yes she is a little perturbed. I'm sure her children are not allowed to play with real phones. A few days later they are playing with old cell phones that we have kept the plugs to, so they actually dial and make sounds (the closest we've come to satisfying them with a "fake" phone), but there is no service. Well, you know the little message that says Emergency Calls Only. It's serious. I hear Eli talking to someone and I think he is just pretending, cute. But then he hands it to me, saying, "it's your friend Mom". What? Oh yes, it's 911 again, luckily a different emergency call department. So I had to make this collage of a few recent pictures of my boys, just to remind myself how adorable they are and how in love with them I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Tyson did this same thing when he was little. The dispatcher kept calling back( on the house phone) but I couldn't find the phone so I didn't answer. Well the police came to our house to make sure we were o.k. and not just one but two cop cars! Although funny now, not then!
How fitting since you have become my 911! Oh the things I have to look forward to. Cute pictures!
oh how scarey, crazy kids, we had a similar incidence w/ Z too! Not quite as bad as yours though. Darling pictures by the way.
I wondered if the "emergency calls only" thing on cell phones was for real or not, now I know! Your kids are so cute even in their craziness, and I miss you all so much. I really wish we weren't so far away, or that tickets to Hawaii were cheaper.
This is hilarious, Lisa! Liliana shows no interest in answering the phone--she has her dad's outgoing personality. She and Ruben fight over who brings me the phone while I nurse Marcos and by the time the phone gets to me, the answering machine has answered.
Your pictures are incredible. What a talented mom!
Lisa-
How funny! A similar thing happened to me. Miranda loves to play with my phone. She once intentionally dropped my cell phone in a cup of water. I could hear the insides frying (buzzzzzz) as I took it out. She also downloaded a ring-tone somehow once.
But the one that's similar to yours. . .She once was playing at my mom's house when we were all there on Sunday. The family was playing aboard game when the doorbell rang. It was a Police officer. He asked whoever answered the door (Jessie, I think) if everyone here was okay. He asked if anyone was fighting. By that time those of us downstairs were wondering who it was. The policeman was there because someone had dialed 911 from a phone at that house, there was no one on the line, but the line was still open. We finally found the phone where Miranda had dropped it. She was only 12 months old.
Your kids are adorable and I'm glad I know where your blog is now. -Julie (Todd and Debbie's daughter)
I love it! When it happens again, just ask them if they provide emergency babysitting services.
Lisa-
I have Jason Wilde and Jamie to thank for my alphabet card hanging. Jason came up with the idea and Jamie executed it. We got a piece of plywood and then used spray glue to hold the cards in place. But a few of the cards are coming off, so if you can think of something better I'd recommend it. Since there were only 26 and we had 28 spaces we cut out white cardboard and covered it with fabric for the other 2 spots. We tried to make it like a little corkboard, but this didn't work great. I'd just do it flat. Then she took a hot glue gun and ran ribbons in a grid over the whole thing. We put buttons on each of the corners. In each button we put the head of a yellow pin and then broke the pin off, so you see the white button with a yellow center. I ended up getting it framed, but what I wish I would have done was cut the plywood bigger and then glued baseboard around, like a frame. It would have been MUCH cheaper. I'm not great at explaining things, so feel free to ask me any questions.
Post a Comment